December 6, 2010




The last of the snow photos.

I know a lot of people complain about the snow--
the hassle of it all, and whatnot (in Seattle, at least).
But each year I hope we have a white Christmas,
and this year is no exception.
I love the way it changes the light
and the color of the sky.
As a child, I remember
priding myself
on the fact that I could tell
when I woke in the morning
if it had snowed in the night
before I even looked out the window,
just by the way
the light
spilling into my room
was different from what it had been before.

----

Small Hands by Caroline Gaedechens
Letterpress Reindeer by EasyKeeper

7 comments:

  1. these are just wonderful. they feel so wintery, and somehow christmasy too...for some reason, they make me nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I often feel like I can tell when it's snowed in the night too, by the light and how still everything feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with your thoughts on wanting a white christmas. Pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't lived in a snowy area since my childhood, but i have such fond memories of this time of year and white Christmas' past. i'm not sure i could cope with the cold as much anymore as i've become so acclimated to a warmer climate (literally unprepared for the 27 low that's coming tonight!). but i do love so much how a winter landscape or cityscape photographs and i haven't had the chance to shoot any snowy anything ever. and i'd like that to change!

    your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the same for me! I love the snow covered nature and a white christmas is the best that can happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your blog. love your beautiful photos and your poetic postings. just added you to me blogroll :) stay lovely.

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete