August 17, 2009

Maryhill Museum of Art

Ansel Adams, Trailside, near Juneau, Alaska, 1947

Oh my goodness, my weekend vacation adventure to Portland, Oregon was absolutely lovely! Pictures will follow soon for sure.

On the way home yesterday afternoon we drove a little out of our way to see the stunning exhibit of Ansel Adams: Masterworks at the Maryhill Museum of Art. The Museum was very unique--small and eclectic and really in the middle of nowhere, but sweet just the same (complete with peacocks wandering all over the grounds). The exhibit, however, more than made up for the long drive. Adams' work in person is just spectacular--I kept wanting to press my nose up against the glass on the photographs to see the incredible detail as close as I could!

The show is up until September 13, and I heartily recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment