November 13, 2009

Sophie Blackall - Phoenix with Crutches

Sophie Blackall - Missed Connections
I first heard about Sophie Blackall's adorably quirky Missed Connection series from Mallory on Where the Lovely Things Are, and I just had to pass it along here as well. It's such a great idea--as Sophie says of the project on her blog, "Messages in bottles, smoke signals, letters written in the sand; the modern equivalents are the funny, sad, beautiful, hopeful, hopeless, poetic posts on Missed Connections websites. Every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strength of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. Their messages have the lifespan of a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down." They're also now for sale! This one's my favorite: it's kind of mysterious, and I don't quite get it, but the illustration is just so gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment