September 11, 2009

Because Dessert is Pretty Much Everything

I Heart Macarons
So I'm pretty crazy for the fantastically airy, whimsically colored, and delicately flavored French treat that is the macaron. It's hard to find places that sell them (I know of only three bakeries in all of Seattle that make there own!), so whenever I have one it's a special treat. Therefore, I can't wait for I Heart Macarons to come out so I can learn to make my own! I've always thought that it seemed pretty intimidating, but who knows!

Relating to the kitchen, I made Deb's Peach and Creme Fraiche Pie last night and oh, man, is it delicious. And for those afraid of pie crusts (like me) I heartily recommend the easy-to-make/turns-out-perfectly pie crust recipe used for this dessert.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm! I would love to learn how to make macarons.

    Hope your weekend gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think macaroons may be the next 'cupcake'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to link this to my best friend who took me out for me to try my first macaroons!

    ReplyDelete