September 28, 2009

Madvertising

Mad Men
I recently got completely addicted to Mad Men, and have been (embarrassingly quickly) working my way through Seasons 1 and 2 so that I can be current with Season 3. Along with sucking all of my free time, the show has actually really gotten me thinking about the role of advertising and design in my life...which is why I was so jazzed when I discovered the AIGA Design Archives this afternoon where the entire archives is on display along with the 2008 Year in Design Award selections. Now I can waste my free time watching Mad Men and their pretend advertising and browsing through this amazing selection of graphic design and real advertising. What can I say? I'm a visual creature in a visual world.

1 comment:

  1. I became obsessed with this show over the summer... it is so well done! I love it and get a visual kick out of the sets and designs.

    ReplyDelete