September 30, 2009

Mumford & Sons

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
So about a year ago I went to a concert of Johnny Flynn & the Sussex Wit, a fantastic British singer/songwriter. Laura Marling, another great singer, was the official opener. Needless to say, this concert was set to be pretty amazing. Turns out there was another opener not listed on the tickets: a band called Mumford & Sons. They took the stage and promptly proceeded to rock my socks off--banjo style. An unbelievably talented (especially for their young age) British band that combines the seemingly disparate genres of folk, gospel, and rock'n'roll, I instantly became a fan and have snapped up their subsequent EP's with great excitement. They are finally set to officially release their first album on October 20th and I am beyond jazzed. Several of the songs on this album have already been released on EP's, so I can tell you already: this record is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment