December 8, 2009

Ann Wood

Ann Wood
Ann Wood
Ann Wood
Ann Wood
As an artist myself, I often struggle with incorporating the art I love to make with the practicalities of "real life": maintaining my home, paying the bills, etc. Therefore, I have the utmost admiration for artists who appear to me to beautifully and seamlessly entwine their art and artmaking with the potentially mundane elements of day-to-day life.
Ann Wood seems like one of these artists. Her work is amazing, and the glimpses into her studio/apartment, strewn with vintage fabric scraps and hung with paper mache ships, give it the feel of some sort of Victorian fairyland. Looking through her Flickr page at in-progress photos of mysterious creatures, snippets of her workspace, and finished creations is a huge inspiration--the thread of creativity that runs through all of it is almost palpable!

Ann Wood, you're my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment