December 4, 2009

Forgotten Film






This time exactly two years ago I was living and studying in Italy. When I was preparing for my 3 month stay in Europe, I packed about 20 rolls of film which I planned on shooting with my manual Nikon. Once I got there, I found my trusty film camera to be too clunky and heavy to lug around all day (not to mention conspicuously loud inside cavernous Italian churches!), so after shooting just half a roll, I switched over to my smaller and lighter digital camera for the rest of the trip.
Apparently (and this was a shock to me, I couldn't believe it had been so long) I hadn't used my Nikon since that time in Italy. When I pulled the old camera out again on a whim a couple of days ago and finished up the partial roll I found in it on an Autumn walk, it was such a surprise gift to discover once I received the prints back that the first photos dated back to my time in Italy.
While I have literally thousands of digital photos of my Italian adventure, these few film images are so special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment