December 10, 2009

Let It Snow




My favorite Winter Landscape from the Rijksmuseum, St. Petersburg via WeHeartIt, and New York Snow Scene via WeHeartIt as well.

It doesn't snow too much in Seattle, so people here go crazy when it does. Schools are closed, everything non-essential is canceled, and nobody drives anywhere--basically the whole city shuts down. It's kind of ridiculous, really, but since we don't get enough snow to become a problem or to last long enough to get gross or annoying, it means that most people in Seattle love the snow, myself included.
It's been super cold the last week or so (20 degrees out!), so it's got me dreaming...I hope it snows sometime soon like in the two top images so that I can look like the happy girl in the bottom photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment