January 28, 2010

Have One On Me


Oh my goodness, guys. Oh. My. Goodness. It looks like the crazy-voiced Joanna Newsom does indeed have a new album coming out February 23. And it's a triple album! Be still my heart. If the album's good I have a feeling that this will make my month.

I know that lots of people can't stand Joanna Newsom, and I used to be one of those people. I had tried, really tried to like her, but I just couldn't get past that voice that she had. Then my roommate while I was studying abroad in college played her albums over and over in our apartment and I found myself humming the melodies later in the day without realizing it. Once I could connect with the patterns and rythyms in her songs, I found that the dreaded voice didn't bother me anymore, and now I count Joanna Newsom as one of my all-time favorite artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment