October 11, 2010






I took these photos last week when everyone was buzzing about an Indian summer.
Then over the weekend it rained non-stop and this week looks like it's going to be greyer than grey.

I don't mind it though.

Isn't it amazing how rainy days at the beginning of Autumn feel cozy,
whereas rainy days at the end of a long winter sometimes feel unbearable?

I know this change of perception will inevitably take place
(I've lived through enough dark, Seattle winters to know
that the light that returns in the Springtime is like
the light at the end of a deep tunnel),
but it's just part of the seasons, really,
and right now I am enjoying what Autumn is giving us.

----

Dark Dark Dark - Daydreaming

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I know this feeling so well. I think Bergen and Seattle are pretty similar when it comes to weather.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such lovely reminder words to take in the joy of light and Autumn. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love the rain this time of the year but it's incredibly rare in Los Angeles. We're hoping to drive up north this winter to see more of it. Hope you had a great weekend

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love autumn, it is my favorite season. Your pictures are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully put. I've written many an ode to the lovely season of Autumn. To me, it's the most magical time of year.

    ReplyDelete